Thursday 15 March 2007

You Wait and Wait and Wait


My advice to anyone coming to France for the first time is if you have to go to the Post Office at any time then take a book. No matter how long or short the queue there is some unwritten French law which states that you have to wait at least 20 minutes. And god forbid if you have to pick up a parcel and you've forgotten your id (I've done that) you have to start the process all over again.

A good knowledge of a martial art would also come in handy I almost got into a fight yesterday when a guy, obviously in a hurry, was pushing me from behind, he told me to go to counter number 4. I replied that there was nobody at counter number 4. He started to get aggressive. I got out of there as quickly as I could (about 20 minutes later).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you ever look at that colorful little chart outside that tell you what times during the day La Poste is less-likely to be busy?

And who waits 20 minutes? I just start pushing my way to the front too...sheesh...you foreigners...