Friday 4 May 2007

Antony Gormley Exhibition London


Nude Horizons
Originally uploaded by malias.

I arrived in London on the Eurostar on Tuesday afternoon from Paris and as it was a beautiful day I decided to walk into central London. On crossing Waterloo bridge I came across the erection of a statue right in the middle of the bridge. I got chatting to a woman passing by and she pointed out other identical statues strategically placed on top of building on the London skyline and all visible from the Hayward Gallery.

It's part of an exhibition by Antony Gormley which will take place for the next three months. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/6614487.stm.

It's quite striking and if you are in London I'd recommend that you go and have a look. Even if you don't want to look be assured that they'll be looking at you.

No comments: