Saturday 14 July 2007

Bastille Day Paris


Demonstration Paris
Originally uploaded by malias.

Am I right in thinking that France is the last county in Europe to hold a giant military parade on its FĂȘte Nationale (national day) every 14th of July. It reminds me of those black and white images of Stalin waving from the balcony of. Lenin’s Tomb during May Day military parades in the Soviet Union.

The rest of the world seems to have moved on but not France. This time Sarkozy invited soldiers from France's 26 EU allies to take part in the parade.

There were even soldiers from Luxembourg here which is a very small country.

So my question is; who's defending Luxembourg?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Loooooool... Your conclusion of this post is very hilarious as well as inspiring!!
Yet Luxembourg is a province-like country, it's part of the EU. One wouldn't attack it nor ever needs to. After all, EU is quite an honorable union ever established.
And thank you for your spirit-lifting comment on my blog=)!

Esther Teng said...

Well... I'm Esther, the comment above is published by me.

Gideon said...

Hi Esther thanks for your comment and good luck with the challenges in your life.